The July, 2019 Beer-BQ will be hosted by Dave Olds at 12085 Rohn Rd., Fenton, MI, starting at 1PM on Saturday, July 20.
The Beer-BQ is a member-only, family friendly picnic. At least one adult per family must be a member.
What should I bring to the meeting?
- Bring yourself, foremost.
- Bring homebrews to share, and homebrews that you want comment on. We’ve all made beers with flaws, and the best way to learn how to get past those flaws is to talk to others who’ve done it, too. You are encouraged to bring beers that match the style of the month, but don’t feel at all limited to that style.
- Bring a tasting glass. A small glass helps with portion control. It should be big enough to get your nose into, though.
- Bring a snack to share.
- Bring an interesting commercial beer, especially if it’s one that’s not easily available locally, and especially if it matches the style of the month.
- Remember, though, that we are about brewing and tasting, not about drinking large quantities. One or two bottles of each beer is plenty to share around for tastes.
The meeting is very loose, with no particular structure other than a brief business meeting in the middle.