The July, 2018 Beer-BQ will be hosted by Adventures in Homebrewing, starting at 1PM on Saturday, July 7. This is our annual family-friendly picnic, and is for current members only (and their families).
The address is 580 S. Mansfield St, Ypsilanti. You can park on the street or in the parking lot.
Remember, you must be 21 to attend the AABG meetings.
What should I bring to the meeting?
- Bring yourself, foremost.
- Bring homebrews to share, and homebrews that you want comment on. We’ve all made beers with flaws, and the best way to learn how to get past those flaws is to talk to others who’ve done it, too. You are encouraged to bring beers that match the style of the month, but don’t feel at all limited to that style.
- Bring a tasting glass. A small glass helps with portion control. It should be big enough to get your nose into, though.
- Bring a snack to share.
- Bring an interesting commercial beer, especially if it’s one that’s not easily available locally, and especially if it matches the style of the month.
- Remember, though, that we are about brewing and tasting, not about drinking large quantities. One or two bottles of each beer is plenty to share around for tastes.
The meeting is very loose, with no particular structure other than a brief business meeting in the middle.