Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
2010 Grainger's Cider Pressing
September 23, 2010
4:40 pm
Jeff Rankert
Guests

Members
Forum Posts: 7
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

We  have a waitlist now for the blend like last years. If you remember, there was a 70 gallon limit due to late frost affecting many of the apples in that blend.
There are also 30 gallons requested for the sweeter blend.   We need 5 gallons moe to hit minimum. Jeff Grainger says that as this will be pretty much the "house blend" they retail in the shop, pressing enough for all who have requested that blend should possible. He  will take stock of the situation regarding the supersweet blend and see just how much can be made available, Right now it looks like we have 65 gallons requested.
I will need to get him final amounts committed  by about the 13th. We can then put together a projected schedual for the pressings. That way people will have a ballpark timeframe for their pressing(s) if they don't plan on making a day of it!
Jeff also requested a couple hydrometers so we can get a read on the starting gravity. Maybe some folks may want to try out their new refractometers that day!

September 22, 2010
8:12 pm
Jeff Rankert
Guests

Members

Grainger's Cider

2588 Pinckney Road

Marion Twp. (Howell)

D-19 south of I-96 A few miles.  If you get to Sexton Road from I-96, too far.

This is the google shot, they have a red Apple shaped sign above the mailbox in season.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rl.....CCAQ8gEwAA

September 19, 2010
8:41 am
crispy275
Admin
Forum Posts: 32

Depending on a variety of factors, I think Kris and I might make it to the pressing. Can you (at your convenience) provide the address?

September 14, 2010
5:55 pm
Susan Rankert
Guests

Members
Forum Posts: 14

As you have seen, Jeff has moved the spreadsheet I had posted the morning of the 11th to the forum, and it is now "live". I have not added any thing new since that post, except to "place save" for those who wanted in before they knew of the choices. If you sent me an email after Friday night, add your information to the spreadsheet, please. If you had just said "I'm in !"before you knew about the different options,  I did put you down for the blend like last year's. If that is not correct, make sure you get that entered in as well.

The AABG/Grainger pressing is set for the morning of Sat. Oct 23.

The price is $22.50 to fill a 5 gallon carboy ($4.50 per gal).

There is a possibility of three different pressings: a more tart blend like last years, a sweeter blend, and a super sweet. There is a 35 gallon minimum to do a blend pressing. For the more tart blend there is a 70 gal MAXIMUM. Looks like there will be a wait list on this one.

The time(s) will be dependent upon how many blends we can pull off.

I will fill in the "paid" column at Graingers.

The "Carboy with" column is for those not attending, but sending a carboy to be filled. Put down the name of who will bring and take home your carboy that day. They wil also need to have your money.

September 14, 2010
5:14 pm
Jeff Rankert
Guests

Members

This is the forum thread for the 2010 cider pressing between Grainger's Orchard and the AABG.

You can find the sign up spreadsheet at:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AlKjcoIBLkXldC1kUGJxSjFJdWZBQjdnNWlJNkxzSFE&hl=en&authkey=CLODpNwC

Forum Timezone: America/Detroit

Most Users Ever Online: 22

Currently Online:
2 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Mike O'Brien: 46

Susan Rankert: 14

Alex Pettit: 9

Brian Routt: 8

Sam F.: 8

markzad: 7

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 0

Members: 94

Moderators: 6

Admins: 4

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 2

Topics: 30

Newest Members:

Jasonbor, anafy2, Shawntow, ritaet, MeganGex, Marthavah

Moderators: Spencer Thomas: 16, Aron Butler: 21, rcdebeau: 0, JaXonBrewer: 0, TheGremlyn: 0, admin_1: 0

Administrators: admin: 8, Spencer Thomas: 16, crispy275: 32, Jeff Renner: 10